Thursday, October 6, 2016

My Name Is: Caleb Izmirian - #lakewoodnews

About me

I was born at Lutheran Hospital in Wheat Ridge and have lived in the Lakewood/Littleton area all of my life. I have traveled to Iceland with soccer, Germany with my German teacher, New Zealand with family, and will go to Japan this summer with band.

My hobbies include parkour (at Apex Movement Center), running, volleyball, singing and clarinet. I'm with Boy Scouts of America Troop 814 in Lakewood, and recently completed my Eagle Scout Project, which was building and installing bat nurseries with my troop at Harriman Lake.

I work part-time at the Littleton Mathnasium as a math tutor.

My time at Bear Creek High School

I play clarinet in the Wind Ensemble and tenor saxophone in Jazz Band. I sing in "Sounds," the advanced mixed choir. Last year I was selected for All-State Band and All-State Choir.

I ran varsity cross-country and JV track.

In theater, I have had lead roles, and I'm an honor thespian. I'm currently playing the role of Linus in our fall show, "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown." I am very passionate about acting and performance, which has led me to join the Forensics team.

Academically, I am fascinated by math and science, particularly chemistry.

National Merit Scholar semifinalist

I was really honored and excited to become a semifinalist, which I achieved by scoring well on the PSAT/NMSQT in the fall of 2015. I am proud to represent Bear Creek High School, since I truly believe in our excellent fine arts department and rigorous academic program.

The next step in the process is to complete an application, including writing an essay, and get recommendations and transcripts sent. It's actually a lot like the college application process.

Looking to the future

I plan to attend college next year, although I have not decided yet on my first-choice school. I plan to major in chemistry and potentially double-major in theater. I'd also like to keep up my study of German, spend a semester abroad, and continue to sing in choirs and play music in band.

I wish I could say that the future doesn't scare me at all, but I'm equally nervous and excited about what comes next.

If you have suggestions for My Name Is ..., contact Clarke Reader at creader@coloradocommunitymedia.com.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.com/stories/My-Name-Is-Caleb-Izmirian,236628

No comments:

Post a Comment