Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tim Wompey, 4th, 5th and 6th grade teacher at Jefferson Virtual Academy - #lakewoodnews

I taught in traditional classrooms for 11 years before I made the switch to blended learning environments, something I jumped at the chance to do.

Before teaching I was an IT professional and so I always would seek out ways to incorporate iPads, computers and technologies in the classroom. When I heard about this option to include computers and technology in an online and traditional classroom model, I jumped! It's such a problem solving solution for the ways schools are going today.

One of the beauties of online learning is the relationships with students. They're different between a brick an mortar teacher and an online teacher. Kids find out quickly there's not 30 kids listening in so there's more of one on one communication --; more of a personal connection to them. Kids are open and honest about who they are because of that relationship and I really love that.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.comhttp://arvadapress.com/stories/Tim-Wompey-4th-5th-and-6th-grade-teacher-at-Jefferson-Virtual-Academy,206921?branding=15

No comments:

Post a Comment