Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My Name Is: Brianne Mundt, Lakewood entrepreneuer - #lakewoodnews

About me...

I graduated from Lakewood High School last year -- I was in the IB (International Baccalaureate) program there and also played soccer for the school. I also like to volunteer at the Jeffco Action Center and was captain of the mock trial team.

Now I'm a University of Colorado Freshman studying business with a minor in Spanish.

The internship...

One day in class I came across fliers for the CalRob Venture Group internship program, which accepts interns from all over the country as part of its entrepreneur program.

I was accepted into the program, which sets me up with a house painting business that I have to run until August. Each intern is assigned a particular zip code as their territory.

I do everything from hiring the painters and the marketers to overseeing the employees and working with our customers.

Right now I'm doing the hiring and marketing, and we'll start painting houses in May through August, until I go back to school.

Running my business so far...

House painting is a pretty successful business model, so that's why CalRob made that their model. We give free, no obligation estimates to people, which is helpful as well.

I'm still looking for employees, and have been going to colleges like Red Rocks to find them. The people I'm looking for need to be physically able, dependable, professional and want to be part of a good work environment.

I'm coming to Lakewood every weekend to work on marketing for this, so my social life has been declining a bit, but I enjoy this.

Why I wanted to participate...

The goal of the CalRob program is to train students and give them experience running a business.

I was able to attend several seminars on the ins and outs of running a business, and I have a personal consultant to help me learn.

This is such a unique, real life experience and it pays at the same time.

I'm most looking forward to seeing the results, especially since right now I'm one of the most successful interns. In addition to hiring four employees, I've also sold five jobs, and raised $7,000 in revenue. I'm just excited to see everything come together.

I love interacting with people, and it's so great that I get this experience.

Plus, I hope to make an impact on the community--- a portion of my profits will be donated to Rocky Mountain Cancer Center.

Anyone with an interest in reaching Mundt to set up an estimate can contact her at 303-406-1358 or brimundt9@gmail.com.If you have suggestions for My Name I's ..., contact Clarke Reader at creader@coloradocommunitymedia.com.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.com/stories/My-Name-Is-Brianne-Mundt-Lakewood-entrepreneuer,211026

No comments:

Post a Comment