Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Edward Sim - #lakewoodnews

About me ...

I was born in Schenectady, New York, but haven't lived there since high school. I attended Boston University, Albany Medical College and Duke University for my studies. If that seems like way too much school that's because it was!

I've lived throughout the country and have most recently spent 11 terrific years in Jacksonville, Florida. I have been blessed with a wonderful wife (Susan) and children (Olivia and Cameron).

My career

I began my career in health care at a health care consulting firm called The Advisory Board in Washington, D.C. After business school, I took part in the Executive Leadership Program at Tenet Health. I then transitioned to Baptist Health in Jacksonville where I was able to take on significant leadership roles as I led a community hospital, a physician organization of over 380 employed physicians, and our strategic partnerships with over 900 physicians.

Coming to St. Anthony

Having come from another Christian organization, the most important thing to me in assessing the opportunity at Centura Health was its mission. Like at Baptist Health, it talks about extending the healing ministry of Christ. The opportunity to lead a dynamic organization with passionate people was incredibly attractive.

As for Colorado, my family has been blessed by the ability to travel and we have always been attracted to this part of the country. While sad to leave our friends in Florida, we are really looking forward to making our new home in Denver.

The importance of access to health care

While I am not a clinician, I consider myself to be a caregiver. It is my job to lead the organization to provide the highest quality of care and service possible. Health care is a basic human right and we have an obligation to do our best to meet the needs of our community. We will be challenged in the future to provide this care with fewer resources than we've been accustomed to having in our industry but it's a challenge that I embrace.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.com/stories/Edward-Sim,239266

No comments:

Post a Comment