Wednesday, July 13, 2016

My Name Is: Amy Goeglein - #lakewoodnews

About me ...I am a native of Colorado. I grew up in Broomfield and graduated from Standley Lake High School in 1991. I went to Colorado State University and received a BS in Human Development and Family Studies. I worked for a while in nursing homes and decided to go back to school at Metropolitan State College and received a BA in Therapeutic Recreation in 2001.My career ...For the past 20 or so years I have worked in long term care in many different capacities. I started as an activities director then went on to admissions and marketing. I was then fortunate enough to become a consultant and work for a few large companies in Colorado working closely with the activities directors and other leadership in the buildings on transitioning from traditional nursing home care to a focus on quality of life and how to deinstitutionalize the experience for the residents.As executive director at Western Hills ...I received my nursing home administrator license in May of 2014 so am still a fairly new administrator. For the past two years I have been the NHA (nursing home administrator) at a nursing home in Brighton and jumped at the opportunity to be in the Denver area and give up the drive to Brighton every day.I live in the area and much of my life happens in Lakewood, so I'm excited to be closer to all the things I love about Denver and the west side. I absolutely love coming to work and building relationships with the residents, staff and families. I feel lucky to have had the corporate experience for 10 years teaching and training and now I get to put it to use for myself.I am responsible for the overall clinical and financial outcomes of Western Hills but my real passion is making sure that everyone around me, residents and staff alike, have a great day every day.The long term care industry ...Long term care is an amazing profession and I am fortunate to be a part of it.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.com/stories/My-Name-Is-Amy-Goeglein,227112

No comments:

Post a Comment