Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My Name Is: Greg Ibsen - #lakewoodnews

About me ...

I am 65 years old and was born on March 9, 1951 in Williston, North Dakota. My parents, Vernon and Arlene Ibsen, reared me in Montana on a farm homesteaded by my grandfather, who immigrated to the U.S from Denmark in the early 1900's. The farm remains in the family today.

I am an avid outdoorsman, hunter, motor head and water sports enthusiast. I especially enjoy Hydrofoil Skiing in my back yard on Riviera Circle Lake. I am also an avid Nuggets fan ... I guess that makes me a masochist.

My career ...

As a young adult and a few years prior to starting my first business, Summit Service Group, Inc. in Lakewood, I worked for the City of Lakewood as a Parks District Supervisor and later as Superintendent of Parks for the Rio Blanco Parks and Recreation District on the Western Slope of Colorado.

Since then, I have embarked on a number of business ventures and continue to operate Summit Service Group, Inc. which I founded in 1981 and currently employ approximately 250 people.

NextFifty Initiative ...

Since I served on the InnovAge Board and was one of the founding members and past chairman of the InnovAge Foundation, it was a natural transitional fit to help with the development and founding of the NextFifty Initiative. The mission of the Foundation is to support senior care initiatives and programs for Colorado's aging and aging-disabled citizens and their caregivers.

The foundation's name, NextFifty Initiative, establishes our belief that everyone's next fifty years of life should be as vibrant as their first. Our intent to be on the forefront of new and expanded services for seniors. NextFifty Initiative will work to fund advances and solutions to address the most challenging needs of aging.

Serving the elderly ...

There is a tsunami of "baby boomers" entering our senior population with a myriad of needs that are potentially expensive and financially burdensome to our children and grandchildren. Colorado's senior population is expected to increase by 150 percent by 2030, according to the State of Colorado's Department of Local Affairs State Demography Office.

It is our vision to support initiatives that have the potential for new, cutting edge and expanded services for seniors and to help mitigate the rising costs of aging.

If community members are interested in getting involved or applying to serve on the board, contact NextFifty Initiative at info@next50inititiave.org or by visiting www.next50initiative.org.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.com/stories/My-Name-Is-Greg-Ibsen,220509

No comments:

Post a Comment