Thursday, June 30, 2016

My Name Is: Pam Feely - #lakewoodnews

About me ...I'm a third generation Denverite -- my great grandfather moved here in the 1870s because he thought he had tuberculosis and the environment would be better for him.I was born at St. Joseph's Hospital, and our family moved to Lakewood in 1968. I went to Alameda High School and went to Regis University to get my degree in accounting and business. I decided I wanted to go back and get my Master's at the school, which I did in 2014.I owned Feely & Associates, PC, an accounting firm, for 20 years and am now transitioning into more campaign finance work.Political interests ...Politics is something I've always been interested in, even as a kid. Some people are really good at going out there and asking for votes, but that's not something I've ever enjoyed doing.I've been a treasurer for elected officials since 2005, when I started with Ed Perlmutter. I've worked for Andy Kerr, and numerous city council campaigns.I have a lot of interests, including pensions, sales tax, and the Gallagher amendment.Writing a book ...Campaign finance has gotten more complicated over the years in the name of transparency.I started thinking about writing this book in June 2014, and I first met my publisher to get started in February 2015. I finished up writing in March, and then had to work with a graphic designer on the cover design.One of the hardest parts was committing to a title, but it was also one of the most important parts, because you can't get an ISBN number or cover until you have that selected.My favorite part was putting it together and working with the graphic designer.The importance of awareness ...A lot of campaigns don't know what they're doing, and they can get in big trouble if they're not careful. Especially since Colorado has 180 home rule cities with their own variations on regulations.This is a not a partisan thing, and if this is the campaign finance system we're going to have, my book has answers for any questions people may have.I've already had interest from people who will are considering running for city council in 2017.To purchase "A Candidate's guide to Campaign Finance in Colorado," visit www.campaignfinanceguides.com.If you have suggestions for My Name Is ..., contact Clarke Reader at creader@coloradocommunitymedia.com.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.com/stories/My-Name-Is-Pam-Feely,222815

No comments:

Post a Comment