Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My Name Is: Andrea Burch - #lakewoodnews

About me

I was born and raised in Tampa, Florida, where I met and married my husband, Dave. We have three children and enjoy experiencing the many adventures Colorado and this region of the country has to offer. When our middle child Evan was born with bilateral deafness and other disabilities, we searched for programs that would help him reach his full potential. We found those here in Colorado and relocated in 2008. It has been one of the best decisions that we have ever made.

My career in nursing

I have always had an interest in the science of humanities, the healing arts and reducing suffering in the face of illness.

I became a Certified Nursing Assistant in high school and started working in a nursing home, then later moved into the acute care setting. Upon graduation with my nursing degree I entered into critical care where I specialized in neurosciences. I had the opportunity to advance into leadership where I went on to manage a variety of departments, services and service lines such as critical care, neurosciences, cardiology, internal medicine, oncology and more.

The profession of nursing never ceases to humble me in knowledge and personal growth.

A new twist

This year I had the wonderful opportunity to serve as the Associate Chief Nursing Officer for Lutheran and be mentored by our interim Chief Nursing Officer, Judy Austin.

As the chief nursing officer I oversee nursing services with a special focus on excellence in patient care, professional development in nursing, quality and safety goals. I am also keenly focused on creating a pipeline of nurses to ensure that Lutheran will be able to continue to deliver the high quality of care that we are known for in the midst of a nursing shortage.

A culture of caring

We are fortunate to have a CEO who embraces an innovative patient-centered approach and recognizes efforts in improvement. The people who make up this culture of excellence at Lutheran is ultimately what makes us successful. The culture of caring at Lutheran is what has kept me there for the past eight years.

If you have suggestions for My Name Is ..., contact Clarke Reader at creader@coloradocommunitymedia.com.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.com/stories/My-Name-Is-Andrew-Burch,236466

No comments:

Post a Comment