Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My Name Is: Leslie Horna - #lakewoodnews

I moved from Charlotte, North Carolina (by way of Florida), to Denver 16 years ago and couldn't be more at home. Like many Coloradoans, I am a yoga-loving hiker, biker, camper, skier, snowshoer and any anything that gets me out enjoying nature.

Additional professional and personal inspiration comes from my love of music, film, fashion, food, and contemporary art and philanthropy. I spend my free time with my significant other, Patrick, who is a Denver-based filmmaker.

I am passionate about community building --; bringing together businesses, residents, visitors, civic organizations and local government and community leaders to create a sense of place. Engaging these groups with fun programming and events, facilitating connections and investing in human and financial resources to help the community thrive. I love what I do. Mostly, it's about the relationships and opportunities for storytelling that motivate me to be better at my job every day.

My community involvement extends to leadership on the Denver Film Society board of directors as well as membership, patron and volunteer support to many other local arts and civic organizations.

Prior to joining Belmar, I held various marketing and communications positions at Greenhouse Partners, Cherry Creek North Business Improvement District, HCA-HealthONE and the United States Olympic Committee.

This is an exciting time for Belmar with the recent addition of a hotel, several new area residential properties in development, and various unique retail and dining concepts moving to the area.

As Colorado's fifth largest city, Lakewood continues to be the destination of choice for several of the area's largest employers, along with incremental investments in public transit, and expanded access to the great outdoors.

From our founding, sustainability has been a defining characteristic of Belmar. Energy conservation, recycling and Silver LEED-certified buildings set us apart from other destinations, but Belmar's blend of local and national retailers and restaurants with art galleries and studios is what truly makes it special.

If you have suggestions for My Name Is ..., contact Clarke Reader at creader@coloradocommunitymedia.com.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.com/stories/My-Name-Is-Leslie-Horna,237698

No comments:

Post a Comment