Thursday, October 20, 2016

Nancy Pallozzi - #lakewoodnews

About Pallozzi: A Lakewood resident, born and raised, Pallozzi is a small business owner, and active with local nonprofit organizations. She served as the Dunstan Middle School's PTA president last year.

More information: 303-986-2653; www.nancypallozzi.com

Why should voters choose you for this office?

I care about this community. I will fight for positive growth in Lakewood and help small businesses through tax-break incentives and reduce tax costs. I will always fight for our veterans and seniors to help them have a good life, as that is what they deserve. Lastly, I want our community/state safe, working with police and fire to ensure they receive the proper training, getting community awareness programs together, and protecting our children in schools and in their neighborhoods.

I will always support our Second Amendment right, and promise to be transparent and the voice of everyone in Lakewood.

Describe an accomplishment that best illustrates your effectiveness as a leader:

I am an educator for many things. I have had a 4-H club for many years, I assist with my son's Boy Scout troop, and I sponsor college students in internships with textile design.

My greatest accomplishment, besides my wonderful son, would be seeing all of these children that I have taught and help grow into fine young men and women. It is so satisfying to know that you made a difference in a child's life.

How can the two major parties better work together to ensure progress at the Capitol?

I am a fiscal conservative and social moderate. People should think and consider the candidate and not the party. If they vote in those candidates that are in the middle of issues, more things will be accomplished. It is my desire to make a difference for this community and the state. And to accomplish that, both sides must work together.

What can be done to ensure the metro area's transportation system is able to keep up with the growing population?

I think we need to look ahead 10 to 30 years and build for that future, where we will we have self-driving cars and twice the population as we do now.

There are several proposals that will be coming up in the next couple of years at the Capitol about how to bring in more money for road improvements, etc. We need to reduce costs is some areas and increase in others to make sure we are ready.

What issue most deserves more attention during the 2017 session than it saw in 2016? Explain why.

Senior care and housing. Our population, especially in Lakewood, is reaching that age where they need to reduce costs, downsize, and have good medical insurance. I want to start looking at more funding to programs to assist seniors. Programs can help seniors stay in their home as long as possible, but they need help with transportation, cleaning, food prep, or just to have a companion once in a while. Or maybe create more affordable group homes. I am currently talking with organizations and learning what is out there currently, so I can take it to the state capital and make a positive difference for our seniors.



from Lakewood Sentinel - Latest Stories http://lakewoodsentinel.com/stories/Nancy-Pallozzi,237714

No comments:

Post a Comment